Monday, August 13, 2012

Hospital Visitors, Coming Home, Mason Is A Week Old!

Hospital Visitors!

We want to thank everyone who came to visit us while we were in the hospital. We don't have pictures of everyone with Mason, but here are some of our wonderful visitors! :)

My Dad and Sydney 

Gloriana

My Stepmom Danielle

My Mom

Rob's sister Heather, her husband Tim, and their daughter Lily 

Rob's Aunt JoJo and Uncle Hank

Rob's sister Mallorie got Mason his first birthday cake!

If you have pictures of when you were visiting us, please send them our way and we can add them! Here is everyone else who visited us!
Rob's Parents
Vanessa (Rob's twin and Mason's godmother) and Mallorie (Rob's oldest sister)
Tim (Mason's godfather), Adam, Lianna, JZ, and Snjezana
Amanda and Jessie
Aunt Mary and Uncle Ken
Nick and Shauna
Mary
Amanda, Phil, and Charlie

Thank you everyone! :)

Coming Home

We finally were able to come home Wednesday, August 1. :) I was ready to go home on Tuesday. But I am glad we got to come home Wednesday.

Mason's Coming Home Outfit

When we got home we had someone waiting very patiently to meet Mason. Joe Boxer. :) He was quite excited that we were home and he got to meet his new buddy. 

Joe waiting to meet Mason

Joe getting a better look at Mason

I have to say I am very proud of Joe on how well he listens to us, and how gentle he is with Mason. He sniffs his feet, and sometimes sneaks a lick in. He has to know where Mason is. He is protective of Mason in the sense that he has to know where he is and to make sure he is okay. Joe is okay with other people holding him. He loves his new buddy! :)

I can't say we had a good day coming home, because we had some bumps in the road, but all in all we were happy that we were home. For those wondering about the bumps in the road, we weren't sure if we were able to go because the doctors became super concerned about Mason because he was slightly jaundiced. Come to find out his levels were still the same as they had been, on the low side of the spectrum where we didn't have to worry. We just had to keep an eye on him just in case he got worse, which he hasn't. I had to get my 16 staples removed from my incision before we could leave. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. There were only 2 staples that hurt a little coming out. Than we ended up having an issue getting my pain med prescription filled because there were 2 pieces of information either missing, or filled out incorrectly and they couldn't get a hold of the doctor who wrote it. I made sure when we left the hospital one of the last things I did, was get my next dose of meds to last me while we traveled home and filled the prescriptions and to get home. In the hospital there was a lapse in time where I didn't get my meds early in the morning, and it became an issue when I couldn't get up because I was in pain. We all learned to keep me on a strict med schedule so it didn't happen again. That was the one thing we tried to avoid, which is why I took my last dose at the hospital at 130. I should of had my next dose at 530, well we still didn't have it and I didn't end up getting it until, I believe, 930. After my mom called and talked with labor and delivery. They didn't realize the situation going on, until my mom informed them, and they were not to happy that it happened. They wrote me a new script and Rob drove back to hospital to pick it up and go fill it. I am so grateful that labor and delivery took care of the situation right away, and that Rob was able to go pick it up and fill it for me. Yes, this should of never happened where I had to wait this long, but I am grateful that labor and delivery didn't give us an issue when they were informed of what was going on. But like I said, we were happy we were home finally, even with the bumps in the road.

Mason Is A Week Old!

The day after we came home, Mason had his first doctor's appointment outside of the hospital. He is doing great! They were still concerned about him look jaundiced and sent us over for some blood work to be done. He weighs 8 pounds 11 ounces. Just 1 ounce down from his birth weight. He did drop down to 8 pounds 5 ounces in the hospital but we are working in the right direction! :) He was such a trooper getting his blood drawn. He slept through it all, getting his foot pricked and squeezed. I don't think we will have to worry at his appointments where he gets his shots (knock on wood!!). Besides that, he is eating every 2-3 hours. He is doing great!

"What? You talking to me?"

Sleepy Mason :)

"And... Stretch!"

Yes, I know when this is posted he is 2 weeks old. Hopefully after his doctor's appointment today, I can get on and do another update. We are really starting to get a routine down, so hopefully I will be able to stay on top of updating the blog on time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment